OSS’ partner the European Observatoire of Sport and Employment (EOSE) is staging an online webinar this month that pulls together thinking from across countries on how to build workforce capacity in the sport for development field.
This has been the focus of an EU-funded CHANGE project involving a handful of European countries, and links with the focus of the UK Government, Sport England, the Sport for Development Coalition and other organisations in Scotland and across the UK seeking to maximise the wider societal benefits of sport activity.
EOSE is an independent and objective and a facilitator and leader in skills development across the indoor and outdoor sport and active leisure sector. It acts at the European and international level with the goal to serve as a source of knowledge and a strategic facilitator to support the development of sport and active leisure through employment, sports systems, developing standards, competence, qualifications and Vocational Education and Training (VET).
Join the CHANGE partners in this major online event, which will cover:
- What is sport for development and why is it such a powerful force for change?
- How leading sport for development organisations are developing the workforce
- The results of the EU funded CHANGE project and its legacy for the sport and physical activity sector
- The CHANGE occupational standards and how organisations and practitioners can use this resource to build their capacity to deliver excellent outcomes
- How to develop the sport for development workforce (coordinators and activators) – key themes, methods and approaches
- Future activities at the European and global level to build stronger sport for development organisations and practitioners.
Register for the webinar here