OSS has strengthened its governance and operations by setting up its first Research Advisory Group (RAG). Leading a group with some serious academic firepower and unparalleled experience in sports research is Prof. Richard Davison from the University of the West of Scotland. As Interim Chair of the OSS Research Advisory Group (RAG) he leads a group which includes:
• Henrik H. Brandt, Director of the Danish Institute for Sports Studies (Idan) and OSS Trustee.
• Jon Best, OSS consultant, formerly Head of Research for Sportscotland
• Prof Koen Breedveldt, Managing Director of the Mulier Institute, Professor in Sport Sociology and Sport Policy in the Department of Sociology, Radboud University Nijmege and OSS Trustee.
• Nick Rowe, OSS consultant and formerly Head of Research for Sport England
• Dr Mathieu Winand, University of Stirling .
As well as developing developing a Research Strategy for OSS, identifying and scoping projects, RAG will advise the Board on all matters relating to research.
OSS Chair David Rider said:
“The setting up of a Research Advisory Group marks a real milestone of progress for OSS, and having such a strength and depth of sports related academic expertise gives OSS the strongest foundation on which to move forward.”